A cost-effective basic health check is recommended each year and covers important major diseases – cardiac, thyroid, diabetes, and kidney disease. The check includes ultrasound examinations – abdominal and pelvic. Blood tests include tests for thyroid disease, kidney function, and tests for diabetes, blood cholesterol, and fats. A cardiogram is also performed.
In addition to the tests, a personal physician will contact you before the medical to arrange appointments and check if you have any specific health anxieties. He or she will conduct the medical and the examination, and package all results to you electronically with recommendations for ongoing health and follow-up.
Some women may wish to combine this package with a Gynaecological Package in which case a discount will be offered. Please discuss this with our sales or marketing staff.
- Consultation, Examination, Recommendations
- ECG – To check for heart enlargement and rhythm abnormalities
- CBC / ESR – Red and white cells in the blood and their distribution
- TSH – Thyroid function
- Fasting Glucose – To check for Diabetes
- Lipid Panel – To check for cholesterol and blood fats
- Renal & Electrolyte Panel – To check kidney function
- Urine Analysis – Kidney function and Diabetes
- Chest x-ray 1 view (if not in previous 2 years)
- Abdominal, Thyroid, and Pelvic Ultrasound – Check of internal organs, liver, kidneys, uterus, and ovaries